~ bring a bit of The Farmhouse with you after every visit ~

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Projects

Wow! Where did the summer go!?!

I can't believe July just flew by
& we're midway through August.

So, we've been busy trying to get through ALL of our projects before winter arrives. We haven't actually completed any of them, but we've been busy. Here's a little bit of what
we've been working on...

  • The Barn: converting an old tack room / shed into my new studio ~ yay! I couldn't be more excited about finishing this project, but as with everything…it's taking longer than expected. This will end up being my showroom for all our {VINTAGE RENTALS}.
  • Utilities & Electrical: We're upgrading our electrical system to current standards & moving our incoming service. My sweetie is learning a lot about electrical systems. We're also upgrading our propane & water systems so we can finally have a washer & dryer hooked up & our gorgeous Viking stove functioning. I can't wait!
  • Property Clean-up: We're still clearing all the slash & destruction from the logging operation we took on in April. We need one (maybe 2) more day(s) of chipping to get through the piles of limbs & a few days with our neighbors tractor grating & cleaning up the property. We're hoping to have our Meadow back next Spring & the property ready to start some fun outdoor projects: garden beds, greenhouse, chicken coop, small orchard, horseshoe pit, front patio & who knows what else...
  • Winter Weatherizing: We have tons of work on the exterior of the house that needs to be buttoned up before winter shows up. Replacing gutters, patching up stucco walls, sealing & painting exterior walls & eves. And who knows maybe replacing some old windows with new double-paned ones & putting a french door into our breezeway. We'll see that might be wishful thinking this year.
  • Vintage Rental Projects: I also finally completed a few projects that have been on the list for a looong time now. I kept thinking I would start some projects once I got my workroom/office finished, but it quickly got filled up with inventory & I couldn't get anything done in there. So then we started working on The Barn & I thought I'd start once that was completed, but like I mentioned above, it's taking a little longer than expected. So I finally needed to complete some things for our recent photo shoot at Cavallo Point (more to come later on this).
    • Chalkboards: His & Hers a few pieces of plywood, chalkboard paint & a vintage gold picture frame & scratched silver tray. Time for a makeover. Here's the BEFORE...

And AFTER…



With gorgeous writing from Jenna from JennaBeth Photography.
These will be added to the {VINTAGE RENTAL} collection soon.
    • Table: Jenna Sweetheart Drop-leaf Table I've had this sweet little table for years…always knowing I would paint it, but never seemed to get around to it. I had thoughts of painting it an apple green or bright orange, but good ol' farmhouse white won over once again. So here it is BEFORE...

And AFTER…


Find this soon on the website here

These were perfect for the photoshoot!
I can't wait to complete more projects soon.

What have you been busy with this summer?

Check out our website & contact us so we can
create your vision for you wedding or photoshoot.

Cheers ~ Erica

follow along on


No comments:

Post a Comment