~ bring a bit of The Farmhouse with you after every visit ~

Monday, August 26, 2013

Project Inspiration...Summer "Cottage"

I love this "cottage" (in quotes due to its enormous size) on the East coast.  It's obviously just a summer home due to the remodel removing the interior walls (and insulation) & putting in single paned windows to bring it back to its former glory.


This bar area is what I fell in love with...Why is it that I can't get enough of the exposed framing painted white. I wish my husband wasn't so practical so we could have this look in our farmhouse. Because The Farmhouse is in the foothills & we plan to live there year round, we need to insulate the walls well. I'm hoping we can retain this kind of look in the "barn" that we remodel into a studio/guest bedroom. Stay tuned.


I love the open concept kitchen - dining room with the exposed beams & the industrial touches. Gorgeous. I hope we're able to open up the ceiling in our kitchen & paint out the beams white for a more spacious feeling. We'll see.


I do love those windows!


Simple touches bring the industrial farm look.


I like the industrial/nautical lighting & farmhouse style sink.


And we definitely want to have a little "bunkhouse" somewhere on the property for all the kiddos when they come for a visit.

What do you think of this stripped-down
farmhouse style coastal cottage?

See all the images & full story at Remodelista.





1 comment:

  1. I will live here. Starting.......now. As one of my houses anyway ;)

    ReplyDelete