~ bring a bit of The Farmhouse with you after every visit ~

Monday, September 23, 2013

It's time to LAUNCH!!!

I know it's been a while since I've sat down to write a post, but things have been a bit crazy over here at Tin Roof Farmhouse!  We've been busy packing up the "beach cottage" ~ pictures to come, making arrangements for the big move, wrapping up things at my "day" job & basically freaking out a bit that we're actually picking up & moving to the country. Scared & excited all at the same time...

But I was able to squeeze in a Wedding Fair this past weekend... 

I have to admit I was a little leery of a Wedding Fair, but it had a few things going for it...

~ It was at an art store
~ There was a panel of cool vendors speaking
~ And...its focus was on handcrafted & DIY elements


If there was any Wedding Fair that whispers Tin Roof Farmhouse, this seemed to be it...

So, I ventured into to the city in the rain to see how I could be inspired and maybe even make some connections to grow my business. If all else failed at least I could look at pretty paper goods.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised...

First off, FLAX Art & Design is an AMAZING art supply store. So many goodies to lose your money on or maybe just to get lost in the aisles staring at pretty paper, stamps, paint brushes or whatever it is that inspires you.

But more importantly I was able to meet some amazing women doing such inspiring work...


{Locally Grown Weddings}

An amazing collective of green-focused vendors working together to create "beautiful, delicious and unforgettable memories." I'm hoping to collaborate with this awesome team to provide some unique rental pieces for future events they create.
Who knows what 2014 will bring...

  

Madeline {By Madeline Trait - floral & event designer},
Stephanie (not pictured) {chef stephanie - caterer}
Sadie {One Big Fish Green Events - event planner}


{BB Style}

Providing styling assistance for your daily wardrobe or specifically your wedding day. How fun is Brianne's job?
I'm hoping to be able to work with her on
some fun engagement photo shoots. 
We'll see what's to come...


Brianne of BB Style & her cute booth

Other amazing vendors that were included in this fun Wedding Fair 


{11stories} ~ {Yellow Owl Workshop} ~ {Hello!Lucky}


A pretty package of an embossed card & stamped tag



And a fun little photo booth self portrait


Cheers ~ Erica

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this story. What a fabulously perfect next step in the launch process ;) I am on your heels sister, still brewing over here but wanna be like you (you know what I mean! ;) I have new there actually, will share later. Glad you made it to the event at Flax. And, yes have always loved that place. Dangerous too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennine. I look forward to our Inspiration Session. Let's make it happen next Friday. Let's get it on the books.

    ReplyDelete