~ bring a bit of The Farmhouse with you after every visit ~

Friday, January 30, 2015

Word of the Year…Gather

So another year has gone by...
2015 is in full swing!!

I can't believe January is already coming to a close.
Being fairly new to the wedding industry
I thought January would be a fairly slow month...
time for me to reflect on the new year,
get my studio organized,
update my website with new inventory...
maybe even start getting back into trail running & yoga.
Ha!!!

Not much of that has happened.
But a lot of good stuff has been going on,
so I'm definitely not complaining!

We finally finished The Barn, my new studio space.
This has been a long time coming. When we first bought our house
we saw the little shed in the back of the property
with 2 & a half walls, a dirt floor & a marvelous tin roof!
We knew we needed to create a magical space in there.
Three years later & we finally finished it. I'll post a before & after in the next few weeks, but here's a glimpse of it.


I've been busy sorting through a lot of inventory
that has been in storage for years. I can't tell you how much
fun this has been "finding" some amazing pieces in my
own collection that I forgot I had. I've also been
able to go through some of my parents collection.
They are remodeling & finally ready to let go of some things
they've held onto for years. I've also been having fun sourcing some items for a few upcoming weddings.

Just a couple of the items I scored...






We feel blessed for all the vendors we've met over the past year
& the friends we've now gained. Jennifer & Carlos
of Farm to Table Catering have been such awesome champions
of Tin Roof Farmhouse. They just purchased a new
tasting room / kitchen in the foothills
where Tin Roof Farmhouse has been able to help
decorate/stage some of our rental pieces.
Check out a few of the fun vignettes we created...



Look at that amazing pallet wall that Jennifer installed!!!

We were also busy getting ready for a
Winter Valentine's Styled Shoot
with Katie of Katie White Photography.
(Find our first styled shoot we collaborated on here.)
We planned to do a dramatic shoot in the snow,
with a long red gown, elegant hair & make-up,
a sweet little settee & gorgeous cakes propped up on
a beautiful desert bar with an elaborate backdrop...
Well, as you may know...It's been sunny & in the 60's & 70's
up here in the foothills, so we had a change of plans.
We quickly shifted plans & created a sweet
French-inspired Valentines Engagement Styled Shoot
More to come on this later...but here's a little peak.


So now I'm scrambling to get product shots completed,
new inventory uploaded to the website &
The Barn organized so I can not only be creative
but also to showcase all the goods we have collected
to potential clients.

So what does this have to do with
The Word of the Year?
I've been thinking a lot about this as the month has passed.
Last year I chose CREATE as my word. (See last years post here.)
It was a good word
& I feel like we were able to create a lot...
website built & launched
new vendor relationships
styled shoots
a new home
The Barn

So this year I'd like to continue to CREATE, but
this year will be all about GATHERing!!

I want The Farmhouse to be a place where friends & family
can gather for relaxing getaways. I'm hoping to create a space
in The Barn for people to gather, collaborate & create.
And of course I'll be gathering even more inventory
& ideas to make Tin Roof Farmhouse even better.

So The Word of the Year for 2015 is
{ gather }

Do you have a word to guide you through this year?

Find more inspiration from Tin Roof Farmhouse on our

Cheers ~ Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment